Thursday, March 17, 2016

boring weeks are excellent weeks

Hello there blog land,
   I was waiting this week to write for inspiration to strike. Inspiration of the writerly sort....thought provoking, deep, tumble around in your heart thoughts, but basically this is what I've got for you, folks:




I am obsessed with these food or animal memes. I discovered a "soft serve cone or pug" one today that just made me smile.

This week has been a blur of teaching , a girls dinner with friends where it was lovely to catch up, changing the channel every time AJ turns on something regarding politics, squeezing in some gym time, and enjoying the bonus sunshine. There are only 48 days left of school this year and when you've had the most challenging (insert other words here for "challenging" students....use your imagination and reach into your own unique collection of swear words to get the full impact) class ever, that makes me happy. We are starting our fun spring plant and butterfly units and made these fun sunflower seed crafts this week. We have to do something fun when spring-like weather beckons, huh?


This week is much calmer than last because 2 nights in a row last week there was drama in the Steele household.

Tuesday night, 7:45ish pm: "Babe, can I put this leftover beef stew meat in the disposal?" (while AJ was grading and didn't even look when I asked). "Yeah, sure." I proceed to pour the entire contents of the crockpot leftovers into the sink, turned on the disposal, then jumped when the sink was making a weird noise and was kind of smoking. Yeah. I clogged the sink. AJ ended up face timing with his dad and did all manner of unscrewing pipes and using tools, and plungers, and such to unclog the damn thing. By 10:30ish that night. Ooopsies.

Then....
Wednesday afternoon: Text from AJ  "Let's go out tonight. What sounds good to you?"
Me: "Okay, I know it sounds weird but all I'm craving is a buffalo chicken flatbread from Subway."
Me the rest of the afternoon: daydreaming about buffalo chicken flatbread from subway, extra buffalo sauce and black olives. Use "buffalo" as a word in our class spelling bee.

5:00 PM: On the treadmill, walking, imagining walking toward a buffalo chicken flatbread. Must. walk. faster.

5:45 PM: OH YEAH! Buffalo chicken time! Baby wants buffalo sauce and so does mama!!

6:00: Guy at Subway tells me they don't make buffalo chicken anymore.
.......
................................
..................................................
Hold the damn phone.
....................................................
.................................................
Say what?
..................................................
.................................................

So I did what any normal person would do in that situation. I cried. Right there in Subway. But then over the weekend I bought a family sized thing of Frank's Buffalo size so life is happy again and my husband is no longer worried that I have a hit out on the employees of a certain sandwich shop. I should've known they were trouble with all that Jared mess. I still flip off Subways when I drive past. I think it's residual PTSD from the "incident" last week.

So, as you can see, a drama free week is the way to be.

Happy almost weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment