Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies

I am a huge fan of a good oatmeal cookie. The softer, the better. I came across some fruity oatmeal cookie recipes and decided to modify them a bit and make my own creation using ingredients I had on hand. These were yummy. As soon as I put them in the oven I remembered I had some bananas in my freezer that would have made these even more delicious. (you could even throw in some mini chocolate chips for a bit of a "banana split" cookie). I'll continue experimenting in the kitchen and sharing with you! Bon Appetit!



Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies (makes about 15)

 You'll Need:

-Half cup one min. oats
- 3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbs. salted sweet cream butter melted
-1 egg
-Half cup honey
-2 tbs. brown sugar
-About 6-8 large strawberries diced in little bits

1. Mix oats, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
2. In another bowl, melt butter, add honey, sugar, and egg.
3. Put flour mix in honey mixture. Fold in strawberries.
4. Chill dough for 30 mins.
5. Bake at 325 for about 15-18 minutes (I like crispy edges so I kept them in for closer to 20 mins)
6. Cool for about 10 mins then move to wire cooling rack.

Note: You could Pam your cookie sheets, but I am kinda in love with these baking mats.



No comments:

Post a Comment