Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The 411 on Lunch Packing

Ahhh back to school season and that means packing lunches again! I pack lunches for AJ and I every day and usually I do some form of Sunday meal prep to get ready. One of my favorite things is when I open the fridge to see tupperware containers stacked up.....food ready to go for the week! It's awesome when dinner leftovers become lunch but that doesn't always happen.
Saw this online and it made me laugh. Don't ask me about lunch packing in May. Ha! 

Things I like to Have on hand for lunch packing:
-String cheese
-apples
-granola bars
-hummus cups
-baby carrots
-snap peas
-La Croix
-Triscuits
-100 cal packs of nuts
-bread
-peanut butter
-Lean Cuisines for those crazy weeks when I just cannot. Haha
-yogurts
-berries
-100 calorie popcorn


Things I like to prep for lunch packing:

-Black Bean Veggie Skillet: I toss 2 cans of black beans with 1 packet microwave brown rice, and add garlic sauteed grape tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and a bit of taco seasoning

-Chicken Salad: grilled chicken, crushed almonds, kidney beans, carrots, over greens. I've yet to find the perfect salad dressing container so I usually put dressing in a little glad container with a baggie on it.

-Adult Lunchable: deli meat, string cheese, pita chips or crackers, apple sauce, 100 cal nut pack, dark chocolate pieces or a ready to go Hilshire Farms one

-Oatmeal Cup: oats and cinnamon with mix-ins like nuts, raisins, banana, berries etc.

-Leftovers: I love getting Papa Murphy's pizza and then packing a slice or two for lunch the next day.

-Veggie Fajitas: peppers and onions sauteed with salsa and served with tortilla and avocado slices


Ideas I want to try:

-A whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter, berries, and granola
This lunch box from Hippie Food Mom is major goals 


Lots of Wrap Ideas

-This website  has tons of great lunch box inspiration

Taco Salad to go from Damn Delicious
Check out all of my recipes HERE for even more recipes to try. They're all favorites of mine (especially the buffalo chicken salad)!

Here's to easy lunch packing and if you're a teacher like me, I wish you a lunch break with time to use the bathroom, check your mailbox, socialize with colleagues, check your email, and sit down and enjoy that yummy lunch you packed yourself!

Savor Your Sparkle,
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. You have so many great ideas! I love the adult ideas, I can rock my kids lunches but I need help for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that taco salad idea and storing the lettuce in a separate bag—genius!

    ReplyDelete